Monday, May 19, 2008

New Discoveries!

Ella smiling away while playing with her little rattle toy (you can't really see it in the picture, but it's there!)

Theres the rattle from the above picture by her head... of course now she's preoccupied with her hand...

So close! She's almost got her thumb in there...

5/16/08 - Just lately I noticed that Ella was using her hands a lot more than usual. She would reach for her knees during diaper changes, grab at her mobile and suck on her mittened fingers. I decided that even though she always ends up scratching her face when I take off her mittens, she needs to start using her hands and learning how to grab. I attempted to trim her nails (this is the most painstaking task I've ever had to complete) and then I let her go free with her newly found hands.

Yes, one scratch did result on her nose, but I think it was worth it for her because now that she has finger freedom 24-7 she seems more interested in grabbing things and stucking on her fingers than scratching her face :) Thank goodness!

So far, she has almost fit her entire fist in her mouth and is still working on the fine art of thumb-sucking. She hasn't quite caught on to the concept just yet, but she's working on it.

No comments: